Aironet, Access Points, Client Adapters and software, Mobile and Outdoor Wireless, Antennas.
DarkBlue
Certs:
VCP5 - DCV

Changing wireless design

Thu May 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi Guys,

we are thinking about changing the services being offered at one of our sites. We are planning to move away from copper and make it a full wireless only service. But the issue is that we have a few workstations that are linux based and are for the users to access the internet without the public traffic getting into the business network. These linux machines run a software on them which is used for management and policy enforcement and needs to be connected to a switch. This is the problem we are trying to over come right now.

We are thinking about using a wireless network bridge that we can connect to the switch and the workstations can be connected to the switch that way the wireless bridge would connect to the wireless connection and allow the workstations connected to the switch to access the internet. I am yet to test out this idea but I keep thinking there has to be a better way than to use a network bridge which does not seem to be very reliable for some reason.

So here I am asking the good people of the community to see if someone has a better idea or suggestions. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Blue

SebastianWilliams

Re: Changing wireless design

Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:17 am

That's great.

Return to Cisco Wireless