Aironet, Access Points, Client Adapters and software, Mobile and Outdoor Wireless, Antennas.
adnan_ahmad06
Certs:
CCNP R&S

Internet Access to Wireless Clients

Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:56 pm

Dear All,

I have configured a testing environment for my wlan and I am able to register my WAP which is Cisco 2602i with 5760 WLC. I am able to get the ip for a client and can connect to the wireless network.

The question I have is, how i can allow internet access to the clients that connects through the WAP. I have a vlan 200 which has a scop used to assign ip addresses to WAPs and to the clients. I connect my internet connection in the switch and configure a vlan for that say 115 now I create an SVI for vlan 115 to perform inter-vlan routing but i m unable to give internet to wireless. I have performed static routes etc but I am unable to give internet access to my wireless clients can some help me in this regards what to do.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

webster82
Certs:
ccna ccda ccnp

Re: Internet Access to Wireless Clients

Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:17 am

It would be useful to see a diagram and/or some configurations for this set up. You have not mentioned NAT but, unless you are using public IP addresses for your clients, you will certainly need it.
Give us a bit more information and we may be able to help.

SportsGamer2010

Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Can you get internet from the same switch via wired connection?

zesha

Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:22 am

Did you contact your internet service provider?

Return to Cisco Wireless