All home networking related discussions.
comp.user.net

network help please

Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:27 am

Hi there
for a couple of months i have had my pc networked with another pc ...the networking model I have used is Belkin however I seem to be having problems ...the main problem i am having is sometimes my internet disconnects me it says "network cable unplugged"and i try to repair the problem but it doesnt at times so i have to shut my whole system down and unplug cables and plug them back in again ...after several attempts the same things happen again and again it keeps telling me "network cable unplugged" when i have just plugged the cable in again and sometimes it would stop giving me the message and then it would continoulsy do it after a specific time during the day like for example at 8.pm it closes down and then after 3 /4 hours it starts happening again?
im not sure what the issue is because i do put the cables back in place ...
if anyone could help me i would be really grateful
thankyou for ur help in advance

geko29
Ultimate Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:25 am

what happens if you unplug/plug in the belkin "router"?

Do you use BitTorrent or other P2P programs?

TravisT
Certs:
CCNA, Sec+

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:01 pm

Another thing to check is to make sure you don't have a bad LAN (network) cable. Studies show that around 70% of all network troubles are cable related.

If you already checked the cable, then I assume from your description that you are using a belkin router which is connected to two computers and then to a modem (cable or DSL). If so, are both of your computers giving you the same error, or just one of them? To me, it sounds like more of a physical problem than a software or configuration problem. Give us a couple more details and we can go from there.

TravisT

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Return to Home Networking