General off-topic discussions.
hancap77

Ideas for homemade network project

Sat May 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Hello, I'm attending a master computer course here in Brazil (sorry for any english mistakes btw), and although it's not my research topic, I'm taking the networks subject for credit count purposes. I have to think of a practical project, so I though it would be best to ask specialized people for some ideas on the matter. It can be anything based on these somewhat recent technologies:

Future Internet
    Internet of Things (IoT)
    Software-defined networking (SDN)
    Cloud computing

On my project I will need to do some sort of simple experiment or implementation.
Maybe some has some experience/ideias regarding the IoT topic, which could include smart TV or smart cars.
Any idea regarding the security matter of said technologies is also valid - like exploring a vulnerability and showing how to fix it.
It doesn't need to be anything too complicated or that would take a long amount of time.

Additional info: as an average computer scientist I have some knowledge on network protocols. I have used tools like Wireshark and CORE (Common Open Research Emulator), and implemmented some applications with TCP and UDP sockets.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Return to Forum Lobby