General off-topic discussions.
jon

Slow network need help

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:32 pm

First let me say that I am not a networking guy, but I am the guy who knows the most at my company and I inherited the network that has been strung together and is a total mess. My problem is that we are having trouble with our network going slow, it takes about 1 minute and 15 seconds on average to go to a new web page that we have not been to (example. bestbuy.com, hhgreg.com, newgg.com). Our internet speed is 18.35mbps down and 3.13mbps when I fun a speed test and our ping is at 23ms-34ms depending on who is doing what. I have 6 computers that are constantly online and doing stuff online and another 8 computers that are only refreshing the same webpage to view orders for our company. I also have printers, network drives and 2 servers that are used for storage only. I am running on 2 seperate 24 port gigabit switches with a switch rate of 48gbps each (tp-link tl-sg1024d). most of my devices are run to one switch that is in the office, then that switch runs to the other switch in our server cabinet (21 ports used in the office switch) through an ortronics switch panel and the switch in the server cabinet only is using about 6-8 ports(ortronics panel is used for our phone system). The switch in our server cabinet then goes to our vpn and firewall a netgear prosafe vpn firewall fvs336gv2 and is going through only 1 lan port. From there it goes to our modem. We are using unshielded Cat5e cable run through cubicle walls and the cable is lying on top of power conduits, but it was never an issue with interference before (not sure if it is now).I am attaching some pictures, and I know the cables are a mess, I do plan on running all new lines later in the year once we hit our slow season, but I may have to do it now. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions on what to try. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0633.JPG (309.88 KiB) Viewed 3646 times
IMG_0632.JPG
IMG_0632.JPG (448.37 KiB) Viewed 3646 times
IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0629.JPG (488.93 KiB) Viewed 3646 times

SebastianWilliams

Re: Slow network need help

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:17 am

Plug the wires again then restart it.

zesha

Tue May 24, 2016 2:27 am

Get help from the internet service provider.

Natashawilliams

Thu May 04, 2017 8:09 am

Your internet provider can help you in the best way as only they can help you to find the problem and solve it. If you are regularly experiencing similar problems then you should switch your services. I was experiencing similar problems at my workspace where we are dealing with Two-factor authentication tool so finally we switched our internet provider and now getting fast speed.

Return to Forum Lobby