General off-topic discussions.
deapee
Certs:
CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, Citrix CCP-N, A+, Sec+

Post approval

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:39 am

What's the deal with posts needing to be approved and taking so long for it? Its not 1995 anymore...

wirerat
Post Whore
Certs:
More than none

Re: Post approval

Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:09 am

It is only your first two posts need to be approved. It is the way this forum is run to prevent most spammers.
"See packet, be packet, you are packet. Ignore all else!" -The Networker
packetsdropped.wordpress.com

deapee
Certs:
CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, Citrix CCP-N, A+, Sec+

Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:36 am

Oh...well as long as its only your first two. I looked all through the FAQ's and didn't find any information on the topic. Even searched the forums. Good to know, and possibly should be added to the rules thread.

ristau5741
Post Whore
Certs:
Instanity

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:20 am

deapee wrote:Oh...well as long as its only your first two. I looked all through the FAQ's and didn't find any information on the topic. Even searched the forums. Good to know, and possibly should be added to the rules thread.

Mods work hard to keep these forums squeaky clean. I haven't seen spam here in months. (knock on wood).
Tips of the day:
- The human mind is the ultimate creation invention.
- I have so many customers, my customers have customers.
- Sausage time
- POP, stack, and store

deanwebb
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA R&S, CCNP Security, BCEB, MOSMWNMTK

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:41 pm

ristau5741 wrote:Mods work hard to keep these forums squeaky clean. I haven't seen spam here in months. (knock on wood).

Time to reset your counters, ristau.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.

http://www.networking-forums.com

Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | IT'S NOT THE FIREWALL!!!

ristau5741
Post Whore
Certs:
Instanity

Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:47 pm

deanwebb wrote:
ristau5741 wrote:Mods work hard to keep these forums squeaky clean. I haven't seen spam here in months. (knock on wood).

Time to reset your counters, ristau.

better spam than....

th.jpg
Tips of the day:
- The human mind is the ultimate creation invention.
- I have so many customers, my customers have customers.
- Sausage time
- POP, stack, and store

deanwebb
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA R&S, CCNP Security, BCEB, MOSMWNMTK

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Microwaveable.

Yikes.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.

http://www.networking-forums.com

Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | IT'S NOT THE FIREWALL!!!

wintermute000
Post Whore

Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:35 am

yeah confused the heck out of me years ago when i first joined. I then forgot all about it when I actually 'rediscovered' the site as I'd gotten over the approval years ago lol.
Now I'm thinking we need a sub-forum labelled 'no CCNA homework questions / SMB guy with no networking experience asking CCNA 101 questions' with a similar approval process.... used to be addicted to this forum but of late starting to really CBF reading the same repetitive questions and packet tracer screenshots :p I know we all gotta start somewhere but just personally CBF to spend time reading those posts anymore.

Return to Forum Lobby