Reggle
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA Security, CCNP, CCDP

Re: Official

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:32 am

bertschs wrote:
mlan wrote:Hardcore zal nooit sterven!

Ja, zeker niet! Het maakt niet uit...is de rijsttafel lekker? Ik begrijp je niet.

There, I've exhausted my entire Dutch vocabulary, as vast as it may be. Dank je wel.

This is very confusing.
http://reggle.wordpress.com

expaddy
Post Whore
Certs:
BSc computer network administration, CCNP, MCSE

Re: Official

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:46 am

Reggle wrote:
bertschs wrote:
mlan wrote:Hardcore zal nooit sterven!

Ja, zeker niet! Het maakt niet uit...is de rijsttafel lekker? Ik begrijp je niet.

There, I've exhausted my entire Dutch vocabulary, as vast as it may be. Dank je wel.

This is very confusing.

Hoezo?
Good Luck,

David

Reggle
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA Security, CCNP, CCDP

Re: Official "post pics of your network" thread

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:44 pm

:-D
http://reggle.wordpress.com

Geonovast

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:16 pm

My network's changed quite a bit, I absolutely love these old school Linksys stackables.

-Correy

javin
Ultimate Member
Certs:
CCNA, CCNA-Voice, Security +

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 am

Geonovast wrote:My network's changed quite a bit, I absolutely love these old school Linksys stackables.

Love it. That makes me want to go to the local thrift store and pick a couple more up. They are awesome with some DDWRT.
Discipline

"The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability" - Henry Ford

RoutingtoNull
Certs:
CCNP

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:52 pm

not Pictured: fios router (bridged it); Still alot of work I will be doing on this setup this weekend and in the coming weeks.
Attachments
mynetwork.jpg
mynetwork.jpg (129.65 KiB) Viewed 4933 times
"So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss. If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose. If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself." -- Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

burnyd
Post Whore
Certs:
CCIE R&S/SP,CCNP-SP,JNCIA,VCP510,VCA-DCV

Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:44 pm

^^ Bridged it? Why did you connect to the ethernet port of the ont?
http://danielhertzberg.wordpress.com - I blog about networks!

RoutingtoNull
Certs:
CCNP

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:42 am

burnyd wrote:^^ Bridged it? Why did you connect to the ethernet port of the ont?

Other end of the apartment and without an attic to run the cable in, I would have run along the ceiling and it was just easier to bridge the switch/coax, disable routing/wireless and allow my router/ASA to pull the IP from Verizon.
"So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss. If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose. If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself." -- Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

that1guy15
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP, CCDP, CCIP

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Alright, thought I would finally get my lab up on this thread. Nothing special just small and effective!

1x 3560
3x3550
Old POS w/ Ubuntu server running Dynamips w/ 4x quad nics for breakout ports.
Dell T110 loaded (hidden in desk drawer) used for my ESXi server running 3 Junos Olives, a GNS3 server and my home file server.
Attachments
lab.jpeg
lab.jpeg (335.33 KiB) Viewed 4834 times
http://blog.movingonesandzeros.net/

javin
Ultimate Member
Certs:

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:38 am

that1guy15 wrote:Alright, thought I would finally get my lab up on this thread. Nothing special just small and effective!

1x 3560
3x3550
Old POS w/ Ubuntu server running Dynamips w/ 4x quad nics for breakout ports.
Dell T110 loaded (hidden in desk drawer) used for my ESXi server running 3 Junos Olives, a GNS3 server and my home file server.

Pretty...
Discipline

"The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability" - Henry Ford

that1guy15
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP, CCDP, CCIP

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:47 am

Thanks!

You cant tell but the desk is falling apart. I dont think it will survive another move. Been chipping away at my wife to get a new desk and chair but money is focused in other areas right now.
http://blog.movingonesandzeros.net/

phoeneous
Certs:
Pimp status

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:36 am

gbarnas wrote:This is my lab network at home..

It keeps me busy... :)

Glenn

Well done. You use the nortel gear for inhouse voip or something else?
thelostpackets.blogspot.com - randomness from the bit bucket

gbarnas

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:00 pm

When I ran a datacomm business back in the mid-90's, Cisco shunned us and Nortel embraced us, so we became a Nortel partner. The BN was our main router and we used ARNs at client sites, offering Managed WAN services. We kept a few devices as hot spares and these are still kicking around despite being out of service for 12 years. Personally, I find that having another vendor's product in the lab helps with understanding the overall technology, not just from one vendor's perspective. While Nortel's dead for all intents, the Accelar switch still gets fired up every once in a while. My VoIP environment is all CME on a 2821 ISR. I haven't used the Nortel routers since teaching a networking/routing course several years ago.

I don't usually associate Nortel and VoIP, but in a past life, I worked with Northern Telecom (Nortel) SL-1 PBXs. That had to be 1978 or so??

Glenn
Lost: Rocket, appx 8' tall, Green w/ yellow fins, nose, and computer bay.. Last seen streaking skyward in NY

tuga
Certs:
CCNA

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:01 am

wirerat wrote:

:shock:

Sweet.

Sweet Mid-Small company Server Room ... :mrgreen:

How much costs all?

gbarnas

Thu May 02, 2013 1:54 pm

tuga wrote:

How much costs all?

All in all, about $54,000 over 2 years. Mostly purchased through corporate lease returns. Disks were all new, though, and a good 10% of the cost. Part of that cost is now sitting on the floor - I have 2 servers and 3 storage shelves (2 SAN controllers and 1 expansion) that I replaced with larger servers and faster storage. I posted a "lab gear for sale" message in the forum lobby a couple of months back.

Glenn
Lost: Rocket, appx 8' tall, Green w/ yellow fins, nose, and computer bay.. Last seen streaking skyward in NY

javin
Ultimate Member
Certs:

Thu May 02, 2013 4:12 pm

gbarnas wrote:
tuga wrote:

How much costs all?

All in all, about $54,000 over 2 years. Mostly purchased through corporate lease returns. Disks were all new, though, and a good 10% of the cost. Part of that cost is now sitting on the floor - I have 2 servers and 3 storage shelves (2 SAN controllers and 1 expansion) that I replaced with larger servers and faster storage. I posted a "lab gear for sale" message in the forum lobby a couple of months back.

Glenn

Any idea what kind of power consumption you have? Is it running all the time or do you shut down?
Discipline

gbarnas

Fri May 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Sadly, I know all too well what the power consumption is! :(

For rate comparison, I live in the NYC metro area. My spring/fall electric bill (no heat, pool, or A/C) is about $130/month without the lab, and is about $470 with.. so about $340-350/month in electric to operate it. It does run full time, and I have remote access to it to do dev/test tasks during the day. It takes nearly 45 minutes to bring everything up from a cold start, so I don't do that very often.. maybe once or twice a year for hardware or electrical maintenance.

The bill was higher until recently - I've consolidated my primary storage into a single SAN shelf and shut down 1 of the 3 VM hosts. This saves about $90/month. I only turn those extra devices up for specific tests or projects. There's also infrastructure costs like MSDN llicensing (~$2600/year), VMware partner licensing, and such.

Since migrating to VM 5.1 I have been thinking about renting virtualized servers for lab and development to put a dent in the operational costs. I recently hosted a development project for about 6 months which went pretty well.

williamtyrell78
Post Whore
Certs:
CompTIA Net+, CCENT, CCNA R&S

Fri May 24, 2013 9:21 am

My network covers 8 states in the NE region. We have about 140 2811 routers over a MPLS cloud using BGP, iEIGRP, and SIP. T1's going to all the stores. Some of which have 2-3 bonded via mlppp. ;)
"I can't have a network loop, I have Spanning-Tree" ....famous last words

wdmjr69
Certs:
Network+, Security+, MCITP

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:28 pm

I finally put a lab together to prepare for the CCNA.
I've pieced the Cisco equipment together over the past 4 months or so.
Packet Tracer and GNS3 are great but I like the feel of actual hardware.
The 2811 has IOS 15.0(1) and the 1760s have 12.4-15(T14)
Currently planning to test near the end of July.
Attachments
Lab_CPU Right.jpg
The HAF is my Gaming/Multimedia/Jack of all Trades machine. There is an Atom Nettop on the desk I use to run security scans and other odds and ends.
Lab_CPU Right.jpg (297.62 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
Lab_CPU Left.jpg
Top Supermicro tower server for WIN training.
Lower whitebox Xen & Esxi server, also Linux training.
Lab_CPU Left.jpg (308.43 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
Lab_Back.jpg
The backside.
Lab_Back.jpg (489.87 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
Lab_Front.jpg
2x 1760, 1x 2811, 1x 881
2x 3550, 3x 2950, SRW208P
Pix501 & NS 5-GT
Lab_Front.jpg (411.05 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
wdmjr69

G1lgam3sh